Action for Sustainability at Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre
A thought-provoking introduction to the crucial issue of sustainable development; understand our impact on the planet, weigh up the alternatives and take action towards more sustainable living.
- Carry out a Sustainability Review to assess just how environmentally sound our 21st century building is. This review can also be used back at school as a starting point for Eco Schools or Sustainable Schools.
- Explore renewable energy technologies through hands-on experimentation. At a time when we are running out of the climate-changing fossil fuels we burn to generate power, what are the alternatives and how effective are they?
- Assess the impact of these technologies when they are introduced into the local landscape.
- Take a pledge to make your own lifestyle more sustainable.
- Follow up your visit with some fantastic FREE teaching materials that can be used back in the classroom.
This activity was developed with donations from the groups whose links are below.
- The Naturesave Trust
- Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- South Shropshire Housing Association
- Shropshire Council Sustainability Team